Here are six easy steps for using the Toner feature:
- Slide the switch on the right side of MicroMapper™ to the Toner position.
- Connect the cable to the MicroMapper™ RJ45 jack.
(To send a tone into a patch panel, connect one end of the included patch cord to the MicroMapper™ RJ45 jack and the other end to a jack on the panel.)
- To generate Tone 1, press and quickly release the (TEST) button.
- To generate Tone 2, press and hold the (TEST) button for two seconds.
- Use the MICROPROBE to trace the connected cable. The signal reception is strongest near the cable under test.
- Slide the switch on the right side to the OFF position to discontinue the tone.
Obs.: Always power the unit off to prevent battery drain.