Many specifiers hold installers to a higher standard than the approved cabling standards. It's not uncommon to see a fiber test specification with a connector loss of 0,5 dB instead of 0,75 dB. Não tem problema! The DTX CableAnalyzer can handle that. You just need to create a custom test limit.
If you are able to view YouTube, we have a video that will run you through the procedure.
Or follow these steps
- Rotate the dial to SETUP.
- Select Fiber Loss and press ENTER.
- Press ENTER.
- Press F1 More.
- Select Custom and press ENTER.
- Press F1 Create.
- Select Name and press ENTER.
- Enter the name you wish to call this custom test limit
- Press SAVE when done.
- Ensure Use Default Values From is set to TIA-568-C Multimode
- Go to Tab 2 by pressing the right arrow key.
- Change the Maximum Connector Loss and press SAVE.
- Press SAVE. (Most people miss this step!)
- Select your new Custom Test Limit and press ENTER to select it.
- Rotate dial to AUTOTEST.