Setting up for a DTX OTDR Test using the DTX Compact OTDR Module:
To access the settings for OTDR Tests, turn the rotary switch to SETUP; then select Fiber OTDR. Use LEFT ARROW, RIGHT ARROW to move between tabs.
To see the limits used for an OTDR test, press F3 View Limits from the OTDR Results screen.
To see the settings used for an OTDR test:
- On the OTDR Results screen, press F2 View Events.
- On the Event Table screen, press F3 View Details.
- On the Overall Results screen, press F1 OTDR Settings.
The settings used may be slightly different from the nominal values selected on the OTDR tab.
Figure 1. OTDR Test Settings - Tab 1
Figure 1 above displays the Fiber OTDR Settings in Tab 1, which include:
- OTDR Port: Select Multimode or Singlemode to view or edit those settings.
If you select the dual-wavelength setting, be sure to select a fiber type and test limit that supports both wavelengths.
Figure 2. Fiber OTDR Settings - Tab 2
Figure 2 above displays the settings for the OTDR Tests in Tab 2, which include:
- Launch Compensation: Lets you remove the effects of launch and receive fibers from OTDR results.
Figure 3. Settings for the OTDR Tests - Tab 3
Figure 3 above displays the settings for the OTDR Tests in Tab 3, which include:
Fiber Characteristics: When Fiber Characteristics is set to User Defined, the n and Backscatter values can be edited by the user. When the Fiber Characteristics is set to Default, the tester uses the values defined in the current Fiber Type.
Figure 4 and 5 below display the settings for the OTDR Tests in Tabs 4 and 5:
These settings apply only in Manual OTDR mode.
Figure 4. Settings for the OTDR Tests - Tab 4
- Range: The range setting determines the maximum distance shown on the trace.
Figure 5. Settings for the OTDR Tests Tab 5