|Why not move to LinkWare PC? It's free. |
Scanlink allows data to be exported to a CSV (Comma Separated Variable) format that can then be opened in Microsoft Excel or Access.
The CSV can be customized so that only the information needed is exported to the file. Excel and Access support up to 256 columns of data. The OMNIScanner has 419 fields available so a custom template for the CSV export would be needed.
To create a custom CSV template
To export to CSV file
- Once the Template is saved, Scanlink is ready to Export the data to a CSV file.
Open Scanlink and then open a data file that is to be exported. Once the file is open, select File and then Export and then Export CSV.
- Scanlink will open the Export CSV window. Select the type of scanner that the data is from. Select if you want to export Selected or All Autotest results. Select the CSV Template to use for the Export.
- Once all items are set properly, press the Export button .
- Scanlink will now prompt the user to give the CSV file a name and select a destination for the file.
- Name the file and then press the Save button .
- The file will be saved in the specified location. Open Excel and view the file. The file can also be imported into an Access Database.