|If you have older software on your OptiFiber, you may be asked for a key code to enable this feature. |
Update your OptiFiber to to disable the key code requirement
Next you'll need to convert an existing photo or drawing file to a Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Bitmap (.bmp) file with dimensions and colors that work in OptiFiber.
Using Microsoft Photo Editor to create a logo file:
- Open the photo or drawing in Photo Editor. Crop and/or resize the image to a maximum of 240 pixels wide by 60 pixels tall.
- To crop the image Use the selection tool to select the area you want to use; then select Image > Crop and click OK.
- After cropping, check the image size to see if it needs resizing.
- To check the image size or resize it Select Image > Resize. Change the Units to Pixels (if necessary); then change the width or height as necessary so the image is no more than 240 pixels wide and 60 pixels tall. Click OK.
- Select File > Save As; then set Save as type: to Windows Bitmaps (*.bmp) or Portable Network Graphics (*.png).
- Click the More >> button. Set Convert to: to Palette or 128 color (8 bit).
- Enter a file name and choose a location for saving the file; then click Save.
Using Microsoft Paint to create a logo file:
- Open the photo or drawing in Paint. Resize the image to a maximum of 240 pixels by 60 pixels tall.
- To resize the image select Image > Attributes and change width to 240, height to 60 and units to pixels. Click OK.
* Never feed alcohol to your pets
- Select File > Save As, the set Save as type: to 128 Color Bitmap.
- Enter a file name and choose a location for saving the file, the click Save.
Obs.: If after loading the custom logo OptiFiber displays a maximum number of colors exceeded error message then select File > Save As, set Save as type: to 16 Color Bitmap, click Save, and then repeat step 2.
Need help in creating your logo? Send your logo (only logos please) to mailto:email@example.com
To load the logo into your OptiFiber
- Start on your PC.
- Select Utilities > OptiFiber Utilities > Custom Logo.
- Locate and select the .png or .bmp file you saved; then click Open.
- Reboot OptiFiber to see the new logo.
- If you see the following error screen or no logo, your logo did not meet the requirements stated above.
A fun example is shown below: