If you are testing an "engineered link" using specific loss values, or testing a single fiber/simplex link, you will need to know how to configure a custom test limit. A YouTube video is also available detailing how this is done.
You can create up to 20 custom test limits in the CertiFiber Pro.
- Change to the PROJECT you wish to put this in or tap PROJECT from the home screen.
- Tap NEW TEST. (If the Module: does not indicate CertiFiber Pro, tap Module to change it to CertiFiber Pro)
- Tap Test Limit > MORE > Custom > MANAGE > Create.
- Tap the radio button next to Fixed:
- To see:
- Go ahead and tap Enter New Limit Name.
- Enter Trunk 02a for example; this will be the limit name on the test report and tap SAVE. (Limit names can be up to 25 characters)
- Tap Overall Loss for each of the wavelengths you wish to customize, each time entering the allowable loss for that specific link.
- Once done, tap SAVE to store your new the custom test limit:
- If you tap your custom limit here, it will return you to the TEST SETUP screen with this limit selected, shown below.
- Don't forget to tap SAVE again to store your new SETUP.